Following yesterday's special meeting of both UNB Senates a new undergraduate calendar of academic dates for the Winter Term 2014 was developed.Highlights of this new undergraduate calendar include:
- The registration period during which students can add and drop Winter Term course registrations will extend to Friday, Feb. 14, 2014.
- The final day to withdraw from full year courses without academic penalty has been extended to Friday, Feb. 14. A notation of W (withdrawn) will be shown on the academic transcript for courses dropped by this date.
- The final day to withdraw from Winter Term class with no academic penalty (a W) is March 21.
- The deadline for payment of tuition for Winter Term is now Friday, Feb. 14, 2014
- The traditional Reading Week March 3-7 will be a regular week of classes. - no examinations or other course deliverables are due the week of March 3-7.
- The last day of classes for Winter Term 2014 will be Tuesday, April 15, 2014. Wednesday, April 16, will be a Reading Day.
- The final examination period for Winter Term 2014 will be April 17 – 29, not including the four days that encompass the Easter Break. The examination period will be nine days and includes Sunday, April 27.
- For Winter Term 2014 only, no examination or test may be held in the last five teaching days of the term. The last day to hold tests in class is Tuesday, April 8, 2014.
New course outlines are to be provided to students as soon as possible and no later than Friday, Feb. 14, 2014, to coincide with the end of the registration period.
A specific motion was approved with regard to the Faculty of Nursing Fredericton calendar for Year 4 students that is not reflected in the calendar and details of a revised calendar of dates will be communicated by the Faculty of Nursing Fredericton soon.
Any special provisions considered by the Faculty of Nursing Saint John will be communicated separately.
A new calendar for the Faculty of Law and the School of Graduate Studies were also approved and will be provided as soon as possible.